Remarkable Russia - with Trans Siberian Express Option, Summer 2021
Remarkable Russia – With Trans Siberian Express Option, Summer 2021
Decadence and ornate beauty await you in Russia, the world’s largest country. Delve into its fascinating history and colourful culture as you explore old-world St. Petersburg and cosmopolitan Moscow. From taking a trip to the Grand Kremlin Palace’s Royal Apartments, where you’ll learn more about the fascinating history of Russia’s tsars, to uncovering the secrets of Moscow’s beautiful metro and its elegant architecture, you’re sure to be impressed as you travel in style and indulge in world-class fine dining. For eager travellers wishing to extend their journey, more opulence, history and glamour await you as you board your Trans-Siberian Express for another remarkable 13 days exploring Russia.
- St. Petersburg: Indulge at the centrally located and glamorous Belmond. Embrace its striking décor of resplendent marble, gilded stucco ceilings and breathtaking stained glass. A mix of vintage style-glamour with a selection of the finest modern cuisine, the hotel promises a glamorous gastronomic journey.
- Dining Summary: 21 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L), 12 Lunches with Wine (LW) and 17 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- St. Petersburg: Set off on a private sunset cruise as you take in Russia’s White Nights. A unique natural phenomenon caused by St. Petersburg’s geographical location, the sky remains bright after midnight.
- St. Petersburg: Explore St. Petersburg in the daylight and head to Saint Peter and Paul Cathedral. Once a prison, but currently used as a museum, this wonderfully ornate building was designed by Domenico Trezzini in the 18th century.
- St. Petersburg: Check out the striking Church of the Savoir on Blood, where Tsar Alexander II was fatally wounded in 1881. Learn about its history with your Travelling Concierge.
- St. Petersburg: Head to the Fabergé Museum where you’ll find the ornate imperial Easter eggs created for the last two Russian tsars, along with the museum’s striking collection of other decorative pieces.
- St. Petersburg: Journey to Peterhof Palace in style, onboard a hydrofoil boat ride. Explore the beautiful palace and gardens, known as Russia’s Versailles, with a Local Expert.
- St. Petersburg: Find out more about the history of Matryoshka dolls at a workshop on how the Russian nesting dolls are created.
- Sapsan Train: Sapsan in Russian, translates to falcon. Relax in business-class luxury and take in the beautiful scenery while you swoop by rail from St. Petersburg to Moscow in just four hours.
- Moscow: During a city tour of Moscow, you will see some of the city’s landmark locations including the historic Red Square and St Basil’s Cathedral.
- Moscow With your Local Expert explore the secrets of Moscow’s Metro, known as one of the most beautiful in the world.
- Moscow: Experience Moscow Your Way with the choice to see the city of how you please. Either visit the Museum of Fine Arts or take a walk through the ancient town of Sergiev Posad.
- Kazan: Enjoy a city tour where you will be able to see the well-known Kremlin Fortress.
- Kazan: Hear the amazing sounds of the Chaliapin as you are treated to a private concert.
- Yekaterinburg: Enjoy a tour of this city and take in the beautiful sights it has to offer.
- Yekaterinburg: Head to the edge of Russia and see the border that separates itself and Asia.
- Yekaterinburg: Explore Yekaterinburg Your Way with the choice of a walking tour or a visit to the Military Museum.
- Novosibirsk: During a city tour you will witness beautiful sights like Lenin Square and the Opera House.
- Novosibirsk: Explore Novosibirsk Your Way with the option to visit either the Railway Museum or a Mineralogical Centre.
- Golden Eagle: Relax in luxury as you spend a day watching the countryside roll by from the comfort of your cabin.
- Golden Eagle: Enjoy the Golden Eagle Your Way. Whilst on board, take advantage and immerse yourself in all things Russian with the choice of a Russian class or learn from a Russian History lecture.
- Irkutsk: During your city tour, enjoy visiting Volkonsky House Museum, where you will learn about the Decemberists.
- Irkutsk: Experience Irkutsk Your Way with the chance to join a cooking class or alternatively take a trip to see a traditional Russian dacha.
- Lake Baikal: Enjoy the views of the lake as you take a ride on the steam locomotive.
- Lake Baikal: Relax with a swim in the blue waters of Lake Baikal, known to be one of the world’s oldest and deepest lakes.
- Lake Baikal: Cruise along Lake Baikal and enjoy the mountainous scenery as it pass you by as you make your way to Listvyanka.
- Lake Baikal: Visit the museum and aquarium to witness a seal found no where else in the world.
- Lake Baikal: Explore Lake Baikal Your Way with the choice to either hike through the mountains or ride the chairlift to view the scenery from above.
- Lake Baikal: Visit a local village and enjoy hearing the sounds of their folklore singing.
- Ulaan Baatar: See the Gandan Monastery as you take part in a city tour.
- Ulaan Baator: Experience Ulaan Baator Your Way. Choose from exploring Gorkhi Terelj National Park and meeting a nomadic family, enjoying a horse-ride or listening to the incredible sounds of the throat singers.
- Vladivostok: Join a city tour and marvel at the massive suspension bridge.
- St. Petersburg: The Palace of the tsars opens exclusively to you for a private, after-hours visit. Enjoy the regal ambience as you explore the treasures of the Hermitage Museum with an art historian.
- Moscow: Delve into the fascinating history of Moscow by heading to a lecture by a local historian on the KGB, the main spy agency of the former Soviet Union.
Welcome to St. Petersburg.
Highlights of St. Petersburg.
Journey to Moscow.
A Day of Theatre.
Highlights of Moscow.
Moscow at Leisure.
All Aboard the Golden Eagle.
Welcome to Yekaterinburg.
Onboard the Golden Eagle.
Irkutsk, the Paris of Siberia.
Lake Baikal, the Pearl of Siberia.
Heritage and History in Ulan Ude.
Exploring Ulaan Baatar, Mongolia.
Golden Eagle Your Way.
The Golden Eagle at Leisure.
Approaching the East Coast.
Vladivostok's Military History.